What should you wear during a move? You may have never considered what to wear during a move. Unlike a black tie event or cocktail party, where a certain style of dress is required, the most important aspect of moving attire is comfort. While we generally recommend black and white spots as a timeless ensemble, moving is a little different. Our herd members wear a green Square Cow Moovers t-shirt tucked into shorts as part of their moving uniform. If you want to match us on moving day, go for it! We would love to be twinsies with you. (This is a joke, by no means are you required to match us on moving day. Please wear what you are most comfortable in.) We have a few hints and suggestions for what to wear on moving day.
What to wear to moove:
- Footwear – Closed toe shoes, whether sneakers or work boots, are the best option to protect your feet during a move. Dropping something on exposed toes would really hurt!
- 100% Cotton or Athletic Wear – Many of our moves occur in Texas, so we are very experienced when it comes to moving in the heat. A natural fabric like cotton will help keep you the coolest. A synthetic fabric will not breathe as well as 100% cotton. Alternatively, athletic clothing made with special sweat wicking or quick drying fabric will also help keep you comfortable during a move.
- Hat – You may notice a theme—many of our clothing suggestions revolve around things that will protect you from the sun or keep you cool. Welcome to Texas. Hats will protect your face from sunburns, shade you and help contain any perspiration.
- Something with Pockets – During a move, pockets are extremely useful, so bring on the cargo shorts. There will be a multitude of things you will be trying to keep track of throughout the day. Moving between two houses where there are few surfaces and everything is packed away, will leave you with hardly any storage options. Trust your pockets. Items you may want to store in your pockets include: a marker, tape, box cutter or pocket knife, new house keys, old house keys, car keys, etc.
- Can You Bend? – Shorts or loose fitting pants that will allow you to bend your knees will be the most comfortable option. Clothing that gives you a full range of motion will be the smartest choice for an active day.
- What Not to Wear – Long necklaces, bracelets that dangle or anything that can get caught or get in the way are moving hazards. You don’t want to break a favorite piece of jewelry.
We hope these tips help you select something comfortable and practical for your next move!
Original Source: https://squarecowmovers.com/what-to-wear-to-moove/