Square Cow Movers couldn’t talk about the right breed of dog for your family without giving the same treatment to cats! As cows we sometimes feel underrepresented, so we would like to consider ourselves equal opportunity animals by giving a balanced focus on both cats and dogs. When deciding on the right breed of cat, you should ask yourself the same sort of questions you would about a dog. Important things to consider when choosing the right breed of cat for your family include:
- The size of your house
- The ages of your family members
- How many hours you will be working or away from home each week
- How much time you have to dedicate to grooming and training your cat
- If any family members have allergies
While cats may not require as much time and attention as a dog, they do require just as much love! For families who have decided that the answer to a new family member is “meow” instead of “ruff”, how do you decide which is the right breed of cat for your family? Here are some of the top cat breeds to consider!
- Sphynx – If you are in the market for a cat with a distinct and unique look, this breed is for you. This almost hairless cat is only covered by a thin peach like fuzz. With sensitive skin this cat is an excellent candidate looking for an exclusively indoors animal.
- Persian – This breed is almost the exact opposite of the Sphynx! This breed is known for its long, silky fur. To help keep Persians looking beautiful you will have to invest some time in baths and grooming.
- Exotic Shorthair – Looking for a snuggly teddy bear? The Exotic Shorthair has a full squashed face and is sure to find a special place in your heart. This breed is described as lively and inquisitive while still calm and laid back.
- Siamese – If you are a stickler for routine and rarely travel, consider a Siamese. This breed enjoys routine and demands attention. With a light colored body and dark patches on the face, ears, paws and tail, how could you not pay attention?
- American Shorthair – If you are looking for a life-long partner this may be the breed for you. With a lifespan of 15 to 20 years the robust American Shorthair will find a long-term place in your family. This is a great breed for families with kids and this playful breed will even get along with dogs! The American Shorthair is the seventh most popular pedigreed cat in the U.S.
- Ragdoll – Another perfect breed for families is the Ragdoll, it is even careful not to use its teeth or claws when playing with children. This breed received its name because it is relaxed and floppy when picked up. This gentle and affectionate breed is known to follow its owners from room to room. The full and plush hair of the Ragdoll makes it very cuddly, but it does require regular grooming.
Image Source: 24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz8o01IV0H1r13m08o1_500.jpg
Original Source: https://squarecowmovers.com/furry-family-members-which-breed-of-cat-is-right-for-your-family