Hands down, summer is the time of year when most people move. One of the more interesting and commonly quoted facts concerning moving, is that the majority of moves occur between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Why is summer the most popular time to move?
- The most obvious reason for summer moves is of course, school. The yearly school calendar often dictates the best time for a family to move. Families wish to make a moves easier on their children, and moving in between school years or grade levels helps to ease the transition.
- College students are also influx during the summer. Students come home or travel for the summer and then return to university campuses during the fall.
- Many apartment and rental home leases will begin or end during the summer, this also accounts for a large portion of summer moving.
- In other parts of the country (Not Texas), the summer is a desirable moving time because of the warmer weather. Easterners and Mid-Westerners would prefer not to move in the snow (obviously they have never experienced a 100+ degree Texas move).
- Three day holiday weekends, Memorial Day, the 4th of July, and Labor Day, help to provide more time for packing, moving and organizing during the summer.
- Summer season is also wedding season, newly married couples also find themselves moving into new home together during the summer months.
- More houses are bought and sold during the summer months as well, so this greatly effects when people move.
Whatever your reason for moving this summer, let us know how we can help you (and all your things) safely arrive at your new home!