Why did the blonde by a brown cow? To get chocolate milk!
While we may not be fans of chocolate cow jokes or blonde jokes (cows come in all shapes, sizes AND colors), we do love chocolate! Cows love chocolate because one of the main ingredients in chocolate products is milk! Some chocolate even has milk in the name, e.g. “milk chocolate”. Milk and chocolate go hand in hand like ketchup and mustard or salt and pepper.
When we say that cows love chocolate, we aren’t lying or pulling your leg. Cows have been eating chocolate for over 25 years! Cows that eat chocolate produce milk higher in butterfat, the higher the butterfat content, the more a farmer is paid for his milk. Typically cows eat corn feed, but with high corn prices, farmers are more willing to try other alternatives, like chocolate. Farmers can buy chocolate candy mistakes or chocolate salvage at a reduced price from candy companies to feed to their cows. The farmers report that the cows will eat the chocolate pieces first and would eat themselves to death on just chocolate if they could. Don’t believe us about a cow’s affinity for chocolate, just take the farmer’s word for it.
Now that we have established that cows really LOVE chocolate, we will continue on with our Square Cow Summer Camp series. Throughout the sumer we will feature different summer camps for your calves.
Here are five reasons why you should consider sending your mini-chocolatier to The Woodlands Schakolad Chocolate Factory Chocolate Camp!
- This camp is not a big commitment! If you are planning a vacation or have family in town, you will not have to worry about your child missing out. Chocolate Camp takes place over three consecutive days and there is a morning session from 10am to 12:30pm and an afternoon session from 2pm to 4:30pm. Chocolate Camp occurs throughout the course of the entire summer, there are 10 sets of dates to choose from June through August.
- Science- This camp isn’t just about yummy chocolate, there is an educational element to chocolate. Children will learn about the scientific process of the transformation of the Cacao Bean to the Chocolate Bar.
- Creativity- Part of being a kid is using your imagination to turn the mundane into magic. At chocolate camp, kids will convert chocolate into pizza and 3D shapes like a house or Mr. Potato Head.
- Now, besides chocolate think of your favorite foods…. What could make those foods better? If you didn’t answer chocolate, something is wrong with you! On the third day of camp kids will dip Oreo cookies, pretzels and potato chips into chocolate and then they will decorate their creations with sprinkles, mini M&Ms and even more chocolate.
- Chocolate – The #1 reason to send your kid to Chocolate Camp is of course, the chocolate. Did we mention that the kiddos get to take home their chocolate creations… Perhaps the kids will even share their chocolate with you, or you could always sneak a bite…
For more information: http://www.schakolad.com/store27