Still think you can’t get organized enough to move in one month? Check out what we have planned for week two, and see if you aren’t further convinced that one month is plenty of time to prepare, pack and move.
- Begin Packing: Your out-of season clothes, the contents of your attic, holiday decorations, these are not necessities that you will need in the next three weeks before your move.
- Stop Shopping: You don’t have to completely cease trips to the grocery store, but now is a great time to clean out the freezer by concocting some creative meals that will use up available foodstuffs.
- Schedule/Reserve: If you will be moving into or out of an apartment or high rise, be sure to reserve the freight elevator! If you have children and don’t want little ones under foot, make arrangements for childcare on moving day!
- Mass Mail: Let everyone know your new address by sending out a mass email to all your contacts. It is also time to alert the post office of your new address so that all your mail can be forwarded to your new residence.
- Check-up your Records: Three weeks before moving day is an ideal time to get copies of everyone’s medical records and have them sent to your new family physician. Don’t forget Fido, have the vet send all your pet’s medical records to your new veterinarian.