Whether your moving into a new place or a place that is new-to-you, chances are some painting will be involved in the process. We interviewed an expert to give you some great painting tips!
- If you have a choice, it is much better to paint a place before you move in. Trying to paint your new place after a move can be a nightmare. Painting around furniture and boxes can be tricky!
- A high quality brush will make a huge difference! Though the more expensive brush may hurt your wallet, the difference is significant. Our expert recommends a particular brand, “You can’t go wrong with a brand like Purdy”.
- When using a roller brush paint in a “W” or “V” shape.
- After you are done painting, place a bowl of coffee beans in the room to absorb the new paint smell.
- When you unscrew an electrical cover plate, tape the screws to the plate so they don’t get lost!
- Choosing a low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) paint will help with the smell of the paint fumes.
- If you are going to paint with the same color the next day and want to save your brush, tightly wrap it in a plastic bag to keep it from drying out.