You or your significant other got down on one knee opened a tiny box with a key inside, took a breath and asked, “Will you move in with me?” So maybe it didn’t happen exactly like that, but moving in together is a huge step to take in any relationship. People move in together for a variety of reasons, after becoming engaged, married, to try out living together, and often economics is a major factor when making this decision. While you both may be excited about advancing the relationship to the next level, how do you ensure that this major decision is a success and not a misstep? Here are some helpful suggestions to aid you and your mate in making a move-in work!
- Communicate: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/18/moving-in-together-what-t_n_119641.html
- Advice for Men:http://www.askmen.com/dating/dating_advice/24_dating_tips.html
- Advice for Women: http://thoughtcatalog.com/2011/the-5-stages-of-moving-in-with-your-boyfriend/
- Weigh the Pros ad Cons: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/moving-in-together-pros-cons-t-78412
- Discuss Finances: http://www.kiplinger.com/article/credit/T065-C006-S001-before-moving-in-together-have-a-money-talk.html
- A Checklist: http://www.eharmony.com/dating-advice/relationships/is-it-time-to-move-in-together-10-ways-to-know/#.UTfOu3w5x38
Do you have any advice for couples moving in together?