Our favorite 12 ways to unwind after a busy holiday season.
- Do absolutely nothing. Have you been hurrying and scurrying to every holiday bash, baking, wrapping and shopping in between? Time to take a deep breath and put up your feet.
- Put away Christmas decor…or don’t. If you are an eager beaver, then by all means take today as an opportunity to get your house back in order and straighten everything up. However, if you are still in the Christmas spirit, don’t sweat it. If anyone asks why your Christmas tree is still up, just say you are celebrating the 12 days of Christmas which lasts until January 6.
- Eat your weight in Christmas cookies and leftovers. Just think about it this way, if you were a cow you would have to consume about 1,660 pounds of cookies to eat your weight in leftovers. As a human you won’t consume near that amount, you’re golden! Diets don’t start until January 1st anyway.
- Go to the moovies! You need some way to escape from Aunt Bertha and Cousin Ed, go sit in a dark room with a bunch of other people, where no talking is allowed. The moovies are a great option for film buffs and introverts alike.
- Take your dog (or cat) for a walk. No judgement here. Poor Fluffy may have been forgotten in the holiday hustle and bustle, you both could probably use a stroll around the block for some exercise and fresh air.
- Make hot chocolate. Is there anything more satisfying than hot chocolate on a cold day? You provide the chocolate, we’ve got the milk covered.
- Read a book. Unplug from all your screens and devices and let yourself really rest. All those work emails can wait, but reading Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice or – insert favorite novel here – for the 335th time can’t!
- Sleep in. I don’t think you will need any encouragement from us on this one. Raise your hoof if your calves got you up before 6 AM on Christmas Day!
- Write thank you notes. Aunt Bessie would be so pleased and impressed with your manners. Why put off this task, when you have the time and who gave you what is still fresh in your mind?
- Be a tourist (in your own city). If you have the day off or have family in town, why not take the opportunity to finally cross some of those area attractions off your list.
- Skype with your friends and family. It’s almost impossible to share Christmas Day with everyone you love. If you couldn’t make it out of state this year to visit your aunt and uncle, grandparents or the other side of your family, why not have a little face-to-face chat over the internet? This will help you feel connected to those you didn’t get a chance to see the day before.
- Take family pictures. We know you probably took tons of photos yesterday of people opening gifts or posing around the Christmas tree, but if you have out-of-town company this is a great opportunity to get some good group shots. The photos don’t have to necessarily be holiday-themed, but ones you could have framed and display year-round.
Happy Day After Christmas!
Original Source: https://squarecowmovers.com/how-to-spend-the-day-after-christmas/