Austin is known for being a fitness utopia. This city is naturally suited for outdoor activities with plenty of hiking and biking trails. Active people are attracted to Austin where they can workout with other like-minded fitness fanatics. While there are a plethora of gyms and trainers to choose from, there is no need to spend a fortune to get fit. In fact, there are many free workouts and fitness events in Austin, check some out below!
- Jack & Adam’s Bicycle Shop offers a free run workout every Tuesday at 5:30 PM and a free trainer workout every Thursday at 6:30 PM. http://www.jackandadams.com/tri-athelete-training-in-austin.html
- Crossfit Austin offers two free Saturday workouts at 11 AM. http://www.crossfitaustin.com/2010/07/16/free-workout/
- Lululemon at the Domain offers free Sunday morning yoga at 10:45 AM as well as a free monthly Detox/Retox event. http://www.lululemon.com/austin/domainstore/events
- The Lululemon on 6th and Lamar has free “Mondays on the Mat” at 6:30 PM as well as a social run on Tuesday mornings at 7:30 AM. http://www.lululemon.com/austin/6thandlamar/events
- If paddle boarding is more your thing SUP ATX offers free demos. http://www.meetup.com/sup-austin-texas/
Find what you love to do to keep fit and get after it!