June 20 was the first official day of Summer, even though school has been out for weeks. Summer is awesome when your a kid, but it can be tiring when your a parent. Some would say summer is too long and others that summer is not long enough. Regardless, we want to help you find free fun things to do and cheap deals to help make your summer go smoothly. Check out our round-up of some the best free fun and cheap deals in Austin!
- This is one of our favorite places to look, they even have a calendar filled with free events, not to mention extremely active twitter and Facebook accounts: http://www.freefuninaustin.com/
- Here is a list of some yearly free events in Austin. Check the dates because some of the events have not been updated to 2012: http://austintex.com/free-stuff-austin
- Do512 is so much more than free events, there is a kids section, a food section and much more:http://do512.com/free
- Kvue has an awesome weekly blog about deals in Austin: http://www.kvue.com/community/blogs/smart-money/Deals-of-the-Week-159669385.html
- In addition to this website, Cool in Austin is also on Twitter: http://www.coolinaustin.com/
- Just like its name, Austin on the Cheap, shows you how to experience Austin without breaking the bank:http://austintxonthecheap.com/
Have a happy, fun and safe summer!