Square Cow Moovers is a proud sponsor of the 10th annual Clear Your Day in Austin. Clear Your Clutter Day is on Saturday, January 30th, from 10am to 2pm. There will be multiple organizations on hand to accept your different types of clutter. Unwanted items won’t go to the landfill and you can help out other individuals and families with unmet needs. This is a great event because Austinites have an easy and free way to de-clutter their homes while helping to give back to the community.
The purpose of the event is to also raise awareness about the National Association of Professional Organizers and what these professionals can do for you! The mission of the National Association of Professional Organizers is to educate, support, and promote professional organizers and the industry to better serve the needs of clients. You can search for a professional organizer in your area here.
Instead of having to haul specific items to different addresses and organizations, you can conveniently clear your home of clutter in one location. Items will be accepted at Bethany United Methodist Church, 10010 Anderson Mill Road, Austin, TX 78750.
Whether you are preparing for a move, have recently moved, or just want to clear out the clutter, this is a great opportunity to get rid of excess items. If you are preparing for a move, you will definitely want to participate. No one wants to move extra things that they don’t have to. It will save your movers time from moving unnecessary items and it will save you money from having to pay for the clutter to be moved. A move provides a fresh start and an excellent occasion to downsize. Square Cow Moovers sponsorship of Clear Your Clutter Day is a fitting partnership. We would encourage everyone to get organized before a move and we love that many of these items are going to worthy organizations and non-profits in our local community where they will be put to use by other individuals.
Here is a list of the organizations and what items they will accept:
- American Textile Recycling Service (ATRS) will accept old, stained, ripped fabric or clothing in any condition, unraveled sweaters, shabby coats, old blue jeans, shoes (even single shoes), stuffed animals with stuffing coming out, soft toys, old pillows and blankets, small rugs, etc.
- Austin Diaper Bank will accept unused diapers for children or adults. New packages not necessary; they will accept partial packages too.
- BookSpring will accept new or gently used books. While they prefer children’s books, they will accept other types of books as well.
- AGE of Central TX will accept mobility assistance devices for their Health Equipment Lending Program, including wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, shower chairs, etc.
- Balcones Shred will take your paper (up to five boxes) to be shredded ON SITE (no need to remove staples or clips).
- Dress For Success will accept professional interview-ready clothing in good condition, including suits, blouses, dresses, handbags and dress shoes.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore will accept home remodeling/repair items such as working appliances, plumbing and lighting fixtures, tile, flooring, bricks and clean lumber.
- M & K Recovery Group will take used and broken computer parts, components, and other electronics to be recycled in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Settlement Home will accept usable unwanted items including furniture, art, books, clothes, home decor and holiday decorations, sporting goods, kitchen items, and small working appliances.
- Square Cow Movers will take flattened moving boxes
- Austin Cleanup & Container will take the rest of your non-usable unwanted items (a/k/a junk), including mattresses!
Read more about Clear Your Clutter Day here!