In case you haven’t figured it out by now, Square Cow Movers is on Pinterest! One of our favorite activities is creating Pinterest boards for holidays. With the Fourth of July coming up, we just couldn’t resist making a fun and festive Fourth of July board. This favorite summer holiday is filled with fun, fireworks, family, friends, food, fruit, fresh air, and other things that don’t necessarily start with the letter “F”. Most Fourth of July activities take place outside or around the family table. We want to highlight some of our favorite craft, food and decor ideas from Pinterest to help you spruce up your space for the Fourth of July.
- Flour – We can’t help ourselves, we had to incorporate the letter “F” as the first element on our list. This flour isn’t meant to cook with, you can decorate with flour. Using either a star shaped cookie cutter or by cutting out a star shaped template, you can decorate your yard with stars. By pouring flour evenly over the cookie cutter or template you can create white stars in your lawn or even on your sidewalk. Flour stars lining your walkway or driveway would surely set your house apart from the others in your neighborhood (unless your neighbors read Pinterest too).
- Flower Box Cooler – This idea was actually originally pinned from a wedding website, but it is totally steal-worthy for your Fourth of July party! Everyone uses galvanized metal tubs as cool/vintage/country coolers. However, you can out hip the hipsters by turning an old wooden flower box into a cooler. Just hose out the dirt first, add ice and drinks and then you are in business!
- Fresh Fruit Flag – We love easy food ideas that require little to no cooking. To make a fruit flag you will need blueberries, strawberries, bananas and skewers. Wash all the fruit and cut up the strawberries and bananas. On three skewers alternate the strawberries and the bananas (lengthwise). On four skewers make half blueberries and the other half alternating bananas and strawberries. Place all the blueberry skewers next to one another for the “stars” portion of the flag and the rest of the fruit acts as the “stripes” on the flag. This is also a great way to trick your kids into eating some fruit, grabbing a skewer of fruit is super convenient and healthy!
- Flag Beer/ Water- One of our other favorite Fourth of July ideas from Pinterest are printable flag labels for either water or beer! Both kids and adult will be able to enjoy a refreshing drink with a custom label.
- Firework Balloon Game – Kids can’t wait for it to get dark and for the fireworks to go off. Next to “Are we there yet?”, “When will the fireworks start?” is probably a parent’s least favorite question. Instead of letting yourself suffer a barrage of the same question over and over, let them pop their own “fireworks”. Fill red, white and blue balloons with confetti, when each balloon pops the confetti will pour out entertaining your kids (for at least 3 minutes). You will already be outside, so you don’t have to worry about the mess. Neighbors probably won’t complain about the noise because everyone is expecting some even louder explosions later!
Check out even more ideas on our Fourth of July Pinterest board!