It may seem early to start talking about Christmas, because Halloween hasn’t even happened yet! However, putting together a charitable community event takes a massive amount of planning months in advance. All year long the Settlement Home for Children has been collecting donations for their annual garage sale. That’s where Square Cow Movers comes in! Last year we donated trucks and movers to help get the objects in place for the big garage sale. This year we plan on doubling our efforts.
As the holiday season creeps up on us, many platitudes are expressed about the joy of giving over receiving and the importance of giving back. Giving is seen as a cultural moral, but we want to put our words and values into action. Here are 7 reasons why we give back to our community.
- Giving back aligns with our company’s values and by putting our guiding principles into practice we are able to solidify the Square Cow Movers‘ code of ethics.
- Charitable involvement with our community provides us with the opportunity to form stronger relationships with our clients and customers and helps to connect us with our community.
- By participating in the community, Square Cow Movers learns more about community needs and how we can work to help meet those needs.
- Volunteering helps strengthen our understanding of Square Cow Movers’ role in the community, we are better able to see how we fit in.
- When our Square Cow Movers‘ team members work directly with the community, it helps to give our company a face and other individuals will not think of us as an anonymous corporate entity.
- Direct positive involvement with our community is something our staff members can be proud of and will help increase employee engagement.
- Through volunteering Square Cow Movers gains a broader perspective and grows in our understanding for those around us.
We want to inspire other businesses, families and community members to give back and not just once a year or during the holidays. Here are 25 ways you can make a positive impact in your community all year long.
- Leave your waiter an extra large tip.
- Collect your neighbor’s trash can along with your own.
- Buy a coffee for the person who brewed your coffee at the coffee shop.
- Hold the door open for a stranger.
- Text or call a friend you haven’t seen in awhile.
- Cook dinner for your spouse.
- Visit a nursing home.
- Leave a happy note on someone’s windshield.
- Give someone a compliment.
- Offer to take your neighbor’s dog for a walk.
- Call your mom/dad/grandma/grandpa and tell them you love them and appreciate them.
- Donate blood.
- Give someone a hug.
- Tell the harried store clerk / grocery bagger / bus driver you think they are doing a great job.
- Drop off dinner to a busy friend.
- Return a far off grocery cart to the cart stall.
- Email a thank you note to a mentor or someone who has impacted you in a positive way.
- Host an employee volunteer day for your company.
- Collect loose change to donate to the charity of your choice.
- Volunteer at a clean up day.
- Run or walk in a charity event/ race.
- Tutor or mentor the youth in your community
- Volunteer at the library or your kids’ school.
From a small random act of kindness to a large coordinated community event, YOU can help to move hearts and make a difference. Look for a special blog later this week detailing our continued involvement with the Settlement Home for Children.
Original Source: https://squarecowmovers.com/mooving-hearts-and-making-a-difference