On a rare Saturday you might find yourself home alone, perhaps your spouse dropped the kids off at their various activities and is now running errands. This will be the first time you are home alone in your new place. Some people may find being home alone boring while others may consider this a lucky windfall. Here’s how we would celebrate the rare phenomenon of being home alone for the first time in our new place.
- Lock the doors and close the blinds, it’s dance party time! Turn the music up loud and let yourself go. We may have four left hooves, but we still love to get down, with nobody watching we can really let loose. This is also a great time to bust out that Zumba fitness game we have been meaning to try.
- Use the bathroom…with the door open. We get a lot of grief for our cow patties, so we think we will enjoy our alone time.
- If you need to get some chores done, nobody is going to laugh at you if you pretend to be the Swedish Chef while making dinner. Throw random things and speak in gibberish, “burda heebah hurba bork bork”.
- Cue an intense movie soundtrack in your mind as you pretend to be a villain in an action flick pouring gasoline from a can as you aggressively pour the laundry detergent into the washing machine from your Costco sized tub of Tide.
- Have the best playtime ever with your pup, gather all the toys and balls into a giant pile and let your dog go crazy!
What is your favorite thing to do when your home alone?